(If any of you have done Insanity, you should read the title with Shaun T's voice in your head, haha.)
I'm tired.
I'm tired of hurting. I'm tired of being scared. I'm tired of not being able to run. I'm tired of not doing anything about it.
My first step was to set a goal to work towards. I am planning to run at Disneyland Paris next September. I don't know if it will be the 10K or the Half but I will decide that once I see how my training is working.
I need to do a lot of things to get there. I need to start eating better. I need to start walking and working out so I can eventually start running again. I need to strengthen my knee and ankle as well as everything around it so running will be possible.
I have the knowledge I need to eat better, I just have to do it. Part of that will be drinking Shakeology again but this time I will be adding collagen to it to try to help my joints.
Any of you that have been reading for a few years will know I did Insanity a few years ago and loved it. That is way too much for me right now but I am planning on getting Shaun T to help me again. His new program just went on sale and early access to it on Beachbody on Demand starts on January 14. I am planning on giving it a shot since there is a modifier for lower impact and each workout is only 20 minutes.
I also got the Believe run training journal to help me track my walks and runs as I try to become a runner again. Mac got me a Garmin 645 Music for Christmas. I'm looking forward to using it because sometimes I hate using my phone for music since it is a pain to pull it out if I need to change anything and it drains the battery. I have always used Pandora but it doesn't work here so it is a good time to swap to something new. By using the built in storage on the watch, I can easily skip songs or change the music from the watch as well as see and use quick responses for texts without pulling out my phone. I also like that it has several smart watch features so I can wear it day to day.
I ordered a new weight bench to replace the one I sold before we moved. I am hoping to get an area set up so that I can start lifting again.
I've tried to use the things I have learned from my first journey to being a runner to help me hopefully do it again. I'm so tired of being in pain, but I know the reason I am hurting most times is because I have not being moving enough. I have known that for a while but changing it is hard when you are fighting depression and have no motivation to do ANYTHING, much less work out. I know working out will help with that too.
I have a long way to go but I am hopeful that I am on the right path to get there.


No comments:
Post a Comment